Saturday, June 12, 2010

Flying Away

There comes a time when I have to leave Austin and seek adventure elsewhere. When I do leave I obviously have things to look forward to, even though I'll probably miss something fun going on in Austin. Nonetheless, all is not lost when I fly out of Austin-Bergstrom International Airport. 

Yep that's right, I love ABIA. I have traveled a lot and I can compare our little airport with the rest of the world and I know that this airport is special. Austin is a small city, so naturally we have a small airport that is easy to get through and navigate. Yet, despite the small size, Austin is not limited in ability to ensure efficient and timely travels as well as provide all guests with a uniquely Austin experience from the moment they touch down until the second they leave. 

To begin with, arriving an hour in advance to the airport is more than enough time for any flight so I never have to leave Austin any earlier than necessary. If I do have a little extra time I can eat at any one of the local restaurants I would normally drive all over town for, right in the terminal. I can stop anywhere from the Salt Lick to Amy's Ice Cream to get a taste of Austin before I leave. You won't find a McDonald's or Panda Express in this terminal. You also won't find a Brookstone but I can pick up a gift at a local store like Waterloo Records or Book People. For guests of Austin it is clear supporting local business is our pride and passion. 

After a long trip it is nice to feel at home the moment I step off the plane. I know I am home when I hear the sound of live music greeting me in the baggage claim.  With the music and guitar sculptures any person can see Austinites take the "Live Music Capital of the World" title seriously.

Austin-Bergstrom International Airport provides an atmosphere with local pride and welcoming elements that make me realize how fortunate I am to call this place home!


http://www.ci.austin.tx.us/austinairport/default.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment